The course has been designed to meet requirements of STCW95 (Including amendments) section VI/4-1 and is based on IMO Model course 1.14 Course is intended for all shipboard personnel.
Upon completition trainee should be able to apply imediate first aid in the event of accident or illnes on board, indentify and treat medical emergencies.
- Prompt action
- First aid kit
- Body structure and function
- Toxicological hazards aboard ship
- Examination of patient
- Spinal injuries
- Burns, scalds and effects of heat and cold
- Fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries
- Medical care of rescued people , including distress, hyphotermia and cold exposure
- Radio medical advice
- Cardiac arrest, drowning and aspphyxia
Duration of the course 21 Hours