Course D17 – Qualifications to operate a boat and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW VI/2-1) aims to train participants to safely take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
After successfully finishing the course participants will be able to:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling
- apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Apply first aid to survivors
Course duration: 28,5 hrs
D17 certificate is valid through the next 5 years upon issue.