The course is designed for officer in charge of a navigational watch on ships that are using Automatic Identification System equipment.
Course aims to educate trainees about how Automatic Identification System works. Course consists of theoretical part and practice on simulator.
Upon successfully finishing the course trainees will:
- Understand the objectives of AIS
- Understand how AIS works as a system
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the system
- Understand the decision making process that needs to be applied in using such systems
- Be competent to enter and check ship’s AIS data
- Be competent to use AIS an additional navigational tool to aid situational awareness and collision avoidance.
Duration of the course: 2 days